Feis Ile 2015 – Scotch Malt Whisky Society Festival Bottle
On Friday 22nd May the Society for the first time will be hosting an open day at the world famous Feis Ile. This event will take place on the fabulous lawns of Islay House.
Below I have detailed the extensive programme for this grand day. Now, don’t delay get your tickets today, go to www.islayhouse.co.uk
- Free entry garden party from 12 – 6pm. SMWS single cask drams and ice-cream on the Islay House lawns. Society members can enjoy an extra cask sample (please bring your membership card). Exclusive Feis Ile SMWS Membership Offer
- Exclusive bottling’s 1pm. Islay House malt, a very special Islay House single cask bottling and SMWS single cask: 3.243 Dark, smouldering flamenco gypsy
- SMWS Masterclasses: A taste of Summer 1.30 – 2.30pm & 3.30 – 4.30pm
- VIC (very interesting casks) Masterclass “peaty picnic tour” at 6.30pm
- An evening of live jazz at Islay House 8 – 10.30pm. Join us on the lawn, under the summer stars, for the finale of our Open Day celebrations. Our wonderful views over Loch Indaal make the perfect setting for an evening of Live Jazz, sensational single cask whisky and great company.
Now, lets check out this new bottling.
3.243 Dark, smouldering flamenco gypsy.
This dram is a 17 Year Old peated single malt from a single cask. ( A refill ex-sherry butt ) 57.1% Alc/vol 70 cl. Yes it is an Islay single malt.
The famous SMWS panel has given this drinking tip – Between dances at a Spanish barbecue party,
Lets have a wee taste.
Nose…Sherry is first to hit the nose, old railway sleepers, ocean spray, peat smoke from a Bowmore chimney, seared oysters, just fabulous.
Taste…Rich dark chocolate, seared gammon steak covered in well fried onions, liquorice toffee, a delightful sweet peat fired bbq with meat and fish on the same grill.
Finish…Long and delightful, lingering sweet peat, with the sherry dancing around your palate. got to be one of the best Islay Single Malt the Society have bottled.
All I can say is “ A triumph”
As some of you guys and gals may know, Nicola and I will be at Islay House all day on the 22nd so please come up and say hallo.
The day at Islay House is gathering momentum and is fast becoming the main event of the Feis Ile, got to repeat it – get your tickets now, it could be a sell out.