Whiskey Recipe – A Whisky Stuffing to Spice up your “birds”
Thought I would share this wonderful recipe which is guaranteed to spice up any bird, with a little help from a of 12 Year Old Malt Whisky.
* 4 cup(s) (2 large) diced apples
* 1/2 cup(s) raisins
* 1 1/2 cup(s) apple juice
* 2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
* 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper, chopped fine
* 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon, ground
* 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh sage
* 1 tablespoon(s) salt
* 1 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
* 1/4 cup(s) Whisky, (the Whisky Boys Choice would be a Highland Park 12 Year Old)
* 8 (1 pound) pork sausage meat
* 8 cup(s) roughly grated rustic bread crumbs
* 1 1/2 cup(s) pecans, chopped and toasted
1. In a bowl, combine apples, raisins, apple juice, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, sage, salt, butter, and Whisky. Mix to combine and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add cooked chunked sausage, bread crumbs, and pecans; mix together.
3. Ladle apple-raisin mixture over bread and sausage mixture. Mix to combine.
4. Transfer mixture to a non-stick or greased loaf pan Bake uncovered at 200 for 35-45 minutes or until set and top.
5. A wee dram of Highland Park sitting on the side table to sip while you wait for the “bird” to finish cooking.
Jacqueline – A Whisky Boy Wife