Malt Whisky and Scottish Scallops
Malt Whisky and Scottish Scallops.
This can be for six as a starter or three/four for a main meal .
- 24 hand dived scallops
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- knob of butter (unsalted)
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 4 tbsp of good Whisky (we suggest Highland Park Scotch Malt Whisky)
- 6/7 baby leeks
- seasoning (salt and ground black pepper) to taste
- Clean out the leeks and slice thinly, fry them quite gently in the pan until soft and set to the side.
- In a heavy frying pan , heat the olive oil and butter and cook the scallops for approx 2 mins on each side .
- Remove the scallops for the pan and place aside.
- Pour the Whisky into the frying pan and keep stiring over the heat , once heated through , remove the frying pan from the heat and mix in the cream , salt and pepper to taste .
- Place the scallops and leeks on a platter and pour over the cream and Whisky sauce.