The Essence of Christmas at Scotch Malt Whisky Society – Edinburgh
This looks great and it has been a wee while since the Whisky Boys visited the SMWS, but enjoyed meeting Helen at Whisky Live Glasgow 2011. So Jim and Nicola will need to get their diaries out and try to find a free day to visit Edinburgh and pop in to see our friends at SMWS.
Don’t be shy check out the SMWS website and find out about joining and all the benefit’s available by becoming a member.
Remember Christmas is not far off and booking for this venue will certainly be very brisk.
SHARE THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS WITH THE SCOTCH MALT WHISKY SOCIETY
This winter, The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is capturing the Essence of Christmas. Using its sensory approach to single cask, single malt whiskies, it is offering seasonal entertainment with a difference through its Essentially Christmas private dining packages.
Members and non members alike can book one of the Society’s six distinctive period rooms in their two landmark Edinburgh venues with private dining from £45pp and supper from £25pp. Ideal for both relaxed family get-togethers and office parties with a touch of opulence, the Society’s unique seasonal offering promises to evoke all the joys of Christmas.
It’s at this time of year that the Society’s decadent venues truly shine, offering traditional festive surroundings to compliment the luxury packages. From the beautifully restored Georgian townhouse at 28 Queen Street, boasting stylish surroundings and magnificent views across the Forth of Forth, to the Society’s much loved Spiritual home at The Vaults in Leith, with its cosy and traditional atmosphere ideal for the full festive experience.
Known for doing things differently, guests will be welcomed with an exclusive Essentially Christmas flamed cocktail created using The Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s 64.28 Lots of ginger whisky, flamed with orange, ginger and cinnamon bitters, and served with orange zest icicles and Crabbies ginger float. Christmas in a cocktail!
Diners will then enjoy a three course festive menu lovingly prepared using only the best locally sourced ingredients by the venues’ Michelin Guide applauded team.
Menu choices include a haunch of roast venison with spiced red cabbage and sauce poivrade, a fricasse of winter mushrooms and Brazil nuts with a red wine jus, and the Society’s contemporary take on the classic Christmas dinner with turkey stuffed with chestnuts and fried sprouts with all the trimmings.
To wrap up the special occasion a Society whisky ‘affogato’ – homemade Society whisky ice cream topped with a shot of espresso – will be served.
Annabel Meikle, The Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s Venue Manager at The Vaults said; “Our Essentially Christmas package applies our passion for the finer things in life to private seasonal entertaining, with this year made extra special by the creation of our exclusive flaming cocktail. After months of preparation we’re ready to welcome guests into our exclusive venues to show them that no-one entertains quite like The Scotch Malt Whisky Society.”
An evening of sensory delights in Scotland’s iconic capital can be made even more memorable with the extra touch of a single cask, single malt whisky tasting with The Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s Whisky Ambassador on hand to intrigue, entertain and delight.
The Essentially Christmas package is available from 21 Nov 2011 until mid-Jan 2012.
To book call the Edinburgh team on 0131 555 2266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership costs from £100 for the first year and offers the sheer pleasure of exploring the world’s widest selection of single cask single malt whiskies. New members receive a beautiful membership box with a specially-selected quartet of bottles on joining and admission to the Society’s exclusive Members’ Rooms.
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society began 27 years ago when a group of discerning friends shared the price of a single cask of fine malt whisky.
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society recently scooped 12 awards in Whisky Magazine’s Independent Bottler’s Challenge including the overall Icon of Whisky title for the Independent Bottler of the Year.
- The Society bottles over 300 single casks of malt whisky a year for its members and selects them from a range of more than 128 distilleries.
- Members can choose from the world’s widest selection of single cask, single malt whiskies with only the very best selected and approved by the Society’s respected Tasting Panel.
- Exclusive Members’ Rooms are located in Edinburgh and London for tastings, dinners, meeting and presentations.