Whisky Pannacotta with Caramel Strawberries
Whisky Pannacotta with Caramel Strawberries (Serves 4)
* 1¾ pints double cream (Scottish if you can get it)
* 150ml Malt Whisky of choice, your favourite nightcap dram will do nicely
* 110g sugar
* 3 tbsp vanilla essence
* 2 tsp powdered gelatine
For the Caramel Strawberries
* 300-500g strawberries
* 3-4 tbsp sugar
* 3-4 tbsp orange juice
Method: How to make Malt Whisky Pannacotta
1. To make the Pannacotta, place all the ingredients in a pan in the order given,. Heat gently without stirring. Once the mixture comes to the boil, reduce the heat and stir.
2. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Pour into six dishes/moulds and leave to cool. Refrigerate until set – at least three hours.
3. To make the caramel strawberries, spoon the sugar into a wide shallow pan and heat slowly until it begins to dissolve. As soon as the sugar starts to colour, add the orange juice and stir until it thickens. Remove from the heat and add the strawberries, stirring gently to coat them evenly in the mixture.
4. To serve, run a knife round the inside of the mould to loosen the Pannacotta and gently tap it onto the plate. Spoon one strawberry on top and add the rest on the plate with the sauce.
5. Try to eat just one, bet you cant?