Whiskey Recipe – Maker’s Mark Bourbon – Pecan Toffee
1. Spread 1 cup pecans into a 9-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
2. Bring sugar and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is golden brown and a sugar thermometer registers 290° to 310° (about 15 minutes).
3. Pour sugar mixture over pecans on baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with choc chips; let stand 30 seconds. Spread melted incorporated choc chips evenly over top.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
6. Chill 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container – watch your teeth !
Chewing this toffee while sipping a dram of Maker’s Mark should just about make your day.