Ledaig Whisky – Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Ledaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky, non aged 42% vol.
This Island malt Whisky is distilled by, Tobermory Distillery at Ledaig, Tobermory, on the Hebridean Isle of Mull.
This very old distillery is the only one on this beautiful island.
You will find that you can obtain a bottle or two of this Whisky from many of the high street supermarkets and all good Whisky shops.
This tasting was again done with all our usual rituals and the results are again varied.
We did agree on the colour, a pale straw.
- Nose, a fresh citric with a floral background.
- Taste, surprisingly smokey with a big peat influence .
- Finishing with a long liquorice aftertaste.
- Nose , a very clean chemical peatiness.
- Taste, a west coast island smokiness , albeit a little dryness showing.
- Finishing with a soft anaesthetic warmth.
Finally we both agreed that this is a good malt and has a big tendency to grow on you, we look forward to further drams from this island.
I didn’t realise it didnt have the ‘aged’ on the bottle? I understand what you mean by ‘grow on you’ it didn’t stun me on my first taste to be honest. It’s ok… not great.