Whiskey Recipe – Pears Poached in Glenlivet Whisky
* 6 pears, peeled
* About 4 Cups of water
* 150ml Whisky (The Whisky Boys choice would be a Glenlivet 12 Year Old)
* 1 1/2 sticks cinnamon
* 3-4 Tbs honey
* 2 extra Tbs honey for dressing
* Cream to pour over the top
1. If you are able to stand the pears up in the pot they’ll be cooking in, first lop off a bit of their bottom so they can stand up.
2. Combine the water, Whisky, cinnamon and honey in a large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add the pears and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until the pears are soft enough for a fork to go into them easily.
4. Remove the pears and set aside to cool slightly.
5. 2 the additional honey to the poaching liquid and reduce until syrupy (15-20 minutes).
6. Serve with the syrup and a touch of cream poured over the pears.
7. Remember to have a wee dram of the Glenlivet sitting by your side to enjoy after your meal.
A Whisky Boy Wife
p.s. Jacqueline says she is going to make this for Jim this weekend.